What is a Disney Pin and How do I Trade? Great question!
- A pin is basically a piece of metal that is made or authorized by Disney, with the intentions of being collected, traded, or sold. :)
- You will only find Disney owned characters and movies represented on the pins, no Harry Potter or My Little Pony here.
- The first ever pins were given out in the 1930's and they have been collected and worn as jewelry for many years now.
- Starting in the year 2000, Disney officially started "Pin Trading", which is different than collecting.
- Trading is now available at the Disney Theme Parks, Online, and in person at other locations around the world.
If you are totally new and have no pins to trade, but want to try pin trading or collecting, you have to start by purchasing real scrapper-free pin lots or pin packs from the stores.
You can purchase pins for collecting or trading at Everything Mousey Pins online pin store.
Once you have pins to trade you can take them to a Disney near you and trade. If you are not going to Disneyland, Disneyworld, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disney, or Tokyo Disney Sea, than you can also trade ONLINE.
Online trading is a big thing because it lets you trade with ease with people around the world and get new beautiful pins that are not available in your area.
Find online trading on Facebook and Instagram.
Here is a quick video of my family and I showing Disney Pins, Trading, and Merchandise, in the Parks. Make sure to watch the video because it will help you to understand more about the wonders of pins.